Job Title: Perception Software Engineer
Department: Software R&D
- Exciting work and supportive team atmosphere
- (Ottawa) Centrally located in Ottawa
- (Sunnyvale) Conveniently located for commuting by foot, bike, bus, Caltrain and BART.
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- Stock options
- Company social events-
- Coffee, tea, and snacks
Quanergy is Inc. is a privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company leading the development of 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking, identification, classification and mapping. We are disrupting the LiDAR space, and accelerating the growth of the IoT ecosystem with more affordable, better performing, and smaller LiDAR sensors.
Quanergy is building intelligent software solutions that use our LiDAR 3D sensor data to perceive the world around us. We are looking for a motivated software engineer to develop and improve perception algorithms that are at the core of these solutions.
As part of the software team, you will contribute to the design and development of our software products, with a focus on algorithms. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing literature reviews for algorithms
- Developing and justifying algorithm designs
- Prototyping and testing algorithms
- Writing high quality, well-documented code to implement algorithms within existing software
- Performing peer code reviews
- Writing unit tests
- Bug fixing
- 3+ years’ experience in C++ programming and debugging
- Experience with algorithm development for 3D (preferably LiDAR) data
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with PCL, OpenCV, or other computer-vision libraries
- Practical experience with version control (preferably Git)
- Practical experience with creating thorough unit tests
- Comfortable with software quality practices such as code reviews and continuous integration
- Familiarity with ROS
- Experience with task management systems (e.g. JIRA) and documentation systems (e.g. Confluence)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar field of study
- MASc or PhD in a relevant field
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES":
- Excellent teamwork and written/verbal communication skills
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Quanergy.