User acquisition helps our games to grow their user base by finding the most valuable target audiences. The craft relies heavily on data and changes rapidly; sometimes the learnings expire in a matter of months. This requires fast thinking, openness to venture out from comfort zone and reading into the smallest of indicators in the data. Close communication with multiple different teams is vital and makes the job interesting. Showing an ad in the right place at the right time to the right person sounds almost impossible but the UA team makes it possible.
Our UA team runs performance based marketing activities for our games and works closely with the top ad platforms such as Facebook, Google and many more to acquire high value players to our games with multi-million dollar- monthly budgets.
We are now seeking for a motivated, collaborative and analytical Performance Marketing Trainee to join our User Acquisition and Network Engagement team, in Espoo, Finland. As a Performance Marketing Trainee you will be part of the growth engine of Rovio and have the chance to learn from one of the best performance marketing teams in the gaming industry. When our internal game teams are happy, so are we.
- Helping with overall UA operations of our new and existing games
- Contributing in campaign management
- Planning and assisting with A/B tests
- Conducting competitor- and market analyses
- Assisting with other performance marketing related duties
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Analytical mindset
- Drive for growth and continuous learning
- Passionate about mobile games
- Fluency in spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Fluency in English
- Progress towards or degree in a related field
We’d love if you have:
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- SQL experience
- Programming experience with Python
- Working experience in Games industry or performance marketing agency
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will receive an exercise to complete in your own time. It can take from 1-3 hours to complete the test.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
If you’re interested, we look forward to hearing from you soon! Please send us your CV and cover letter by 18 February 2021. We will start interviewing as soon as possible.
Refer to the Trainee FAQ for any questions you may have. If you have other questions, send us an email to recruitment(at)rovio.com.
We don't accept applications sent to this email address.
Note: The duration of this position is from 3 to 5 months usually from May to September, full-time. Depending on the candidate's availability and the team's needs, start date and duration vary. We don’t provide relocation assistance or support in acquiring a work visa if you’re from abroad. You can learn more about the traineeship experience here
About the Marketing team:
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our Marketing team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio. Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.