We are seeking Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) to direct and manage the dispensing of cannabis products the patients of our Erie-Peach dispensary. In this role, you’ll serve as the onsite medical authority, ensuring patients receive correct dosage along with a healthy amount of education and counseling. You’ll have the unique opportunity to serve as a one-on-one educator to our cannabis patients, and you’ll excel at completing a prospective drug utilization review to asses: appropriateness of therapy; appropriate strain, dosage, route, and duration; allergies and drug interactions contraindications; and possible misuse. All in all, we’re looking for someone blazing with passion for medical cannabis who also has the medical expertise to help our patients use it responsibly and effectively. In Pennsylvania, we are required to have a pharmacist, D.O. or M.D. at a primary license location. Secondary locations may have a pharmacist, M.D., D.O., licensed registered nurse practitioner, or physicians assistant.
- Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) shall be in-store at all times during their scheduled shift to allow for dispensation of cannabis products.
- Responsible for securing coverage for any time off (paid time off or unpaid time off). Schedule changes shall be communicated with dispensary managers in advance and expected to follow fair scheduling practices.
- Assess patient certification to monitor for restrictions and where appropriate help patients to determine best course of treatment.
- Drive retail sales and patient retention
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and federal and state laws
- Communicate restrictions with dispensary team to ensure any limitations on product selection/quantity
- Provide timely and accurate medication information to patients over the phone and in-person
- Educate new and existing patients about the properties and benefits of cannabis
- Consults patients and assesses patient’s certification to recommend best course of treatment
- Responsible to stay up to date on current research and information related to cannabis/marijuana
- HCPs may assist with additional dispensary tasks, as store manager deems fit. These include but are not limited to accepting product deliveries, returns, inventory controls, employee trainings, fulfilling online orders, and completing patient orders at the registers
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a registered Pharmacist in good standing with the state of Pennsylvania or qualify as one of the alternative licensee requirements; D.O, M.D., Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant
- 2+ years of relevant pharmacy experience with an excellent patient and customer focused approach
- Complete the PA Department of Health’s Cannabis Health Professional training certificate
- Ability to learn and understand cannabinoids and how they interact with the human body
- Previous experience utilizing Point of Sale technology systems.
- Working knowledge of inventory and sales reporting
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry