Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet and healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
Capsule is seeking a Pharmacy Operations Associate - Rescheduler that will set the standard for our exceptional end-to-end customer and doctor experience across multiple communication channels (text message, email, and chat). An Operations Associate - Rescheduler is part of our pharmacy operations team and you will work directly with multiple Capsule teams and customers to meet customer expectations.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and execute on company-initiated or customer-initiated requests including but not limited to: delivery failures, out-of-stock, rescheduling orders, medication swaps, and updating order info.
- Communicate with customers via text, chat, and email to personally craft the Capsule experience: solve issues, answer questions, reset delivery expectations, and go above and beyond to assist with any customer needs.
- Master our internal systems: develop full operational knowledge and understanding of the pharmacy and manage internal and external pharmacy operations.
- Partner with Capsule Operation teams to ensure an amazing customer experience across all touch points.
- Coordinate with Capsule teams to ensure we deliver on customer’s expectations.
- You have a High School Diploma / GED.
- You have a minimum of 6+ consecutive months in a customer service role.
- You are proficient with a computer and Windows PC applications including the ability to navigate and learn new/complex computer system applications.
- You are detail-oriented and possess outstanding communication skills and the ability to excel in a team environment.
- You must be willing and available to work a flexible schedule, including 1 weekend, EOW.
- Pharmacy Technician experience is preferred.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.