Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
Work with teammates and individually to produce data for functional or cross-functional teams, in accordance with all GMP and EH&S best practices. Execute trials, operate process equipment, support facility and equipment maintenance and operation in compliance with GMP and EH&S. Regularly exchanges and presents information with teammates in functional areas, sometimes exchanges and presents information with cross-functional teams as needed, may be more directly involved in assignments with cross-functional teams.
- Efficiently communicates all questions, comments and concerns to teammates and supervisor, adheres to all documentation requirements, takes responsibility and ownership over individual and team assignments.
- Displays strong work ethic, limits distractions on the floor, actively creates a positive working environment for others, actively promotes GMP and safety best practices, actively supports cross-functional teams as needed.
- Works with a team and as an individual to address assignments, adapts to assignment changes easily, takes initiative to understand the "big picture" for assignments.
- Execute trials to make food grade products and bring deviations to the attention of the Leads and Management.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge.
- Work in a safe manner. Work with team members to overcome obstacles. Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary.
- Established unit operations acumen from peers and personal experience.
- Established general operational acumen outside of unit ops, e.g. safety, GMP, maintenance, etc.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with junior teammates.
- Actively pursuing professional development opportunities.
- High school degree.
- 1-2 years experience.
- Must stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly required to bend, stoop, reach to clean areas, push mops, brooms, vacuum.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.