We are currently looking for a Planning and Performance Manager, to join our team at Ocado, at our Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Erith, Kent.
The main focus of this role is to identify, lead and drive continuous improvement opportunities from a safety, delivery, people, quality and cost perspective across the CFC. You will coordinate, manage and develop all aspects of CFC operational planning, enabling the CFC to achieve budgeted order targets and growth and customer service KPI’s; at agreed productivity levels in both the Inbound and Outbound functions.
You will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of continuous improvement and planning within the CFC, ensuring the on-site operational support functions are aligned with CFC targets and centrally with the broader Ocado business objectives.
- To identify areas for improvement as the site continues to grow
- Devise and communicate business cases where appropriate for each project that incorporates the 5 pillars of our business - Safety, Delivery, People, Cost and Quality
- Headcount planning for the CFC in conjunction with business planning
- Working with Central planning and the on-site teams on rosters for both Personal Shoppers and management, ensuring they are fair, balanced and support the people objectives and initiatives in the CFC
- Liaise and work with the training team to ensure the correct skills mix through scheduling training for new starters and cross training for existing employees
- Support the operation and people teams with employee retention, absence and performance
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience within a management role
- Be of graduate calibre either through education or demonstrable experience
- Strong verbal communication, written and numeracy skills
- A high level of IT skills
- You must be able to manipulate and interpret data, understand trends and display findings in relevant formats
- You must be able to understand financial data and be familiar with cost and budgets
- You must be comfortable using spreadsheets and formulas such as LOOKUPS, IMPORTRANGE and IFs
- You must have good communication skills, be articulate and comfortable presenting data to senior parties
- Previous experience within a 24/7 productivity-conscious warehouse environment would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of a computerised WMS is desirable
- Previous experience in a continuous improvement environment is advantageous
Although this is primarily a days role working 40 hours per week, flexibility at times may be needed in order to meet business needs.
We are offering a very competitive salary for this role which will be dependent based upon previous experience.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.