Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
What you’ll do
You'll be part coach, part diplomat, part entrepreneur - 100% committed to building and sustaining trust with users and your team.
As Stripe’s user base and global footprint grows dramatically, we are looking for an experienced leader who brings both strategic and operational know-how to lead the Workforce Management team responsible for our outsourced operations, planning and budget management. Our vendors provide user support across a number of contact channels such as email, chat and phone, they provide user support, generate leads and perform risk reviews also executing a variety of back office functions. You and your team are responsible for overseeing the vendor strategy, planning and budget for Stripe across user-facing teams and working closely with cross-functional leaders and operational teams across our Product Support Operations, Sales, Compliance, Financial Crimes, Risk functions and Finance.
- Guide the workforce management team to deliver incredible user experiences through high quality and cost effective staffing strategies.
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on workforce management program managers’' performance against their individual goals and strategic goals set for the Workforce Management delivery team.
- Maintain metrics and analysis of staffing performance across all staff groups and channels, and provide regular reporting on performance.
- Manage the planning, budget and ongoing efficiency of the operation in conjunction with multiple operational teams.
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences.
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- At least 10+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience leading Workforce Management teams (preferably in high-growth technology companies).
- Knowledge of WFM technology, best practices and planning cycles in a fast growing business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Deep experience managing operational third-party vendors and internal teams across different time zones.
- You have experience in laying out a vision for an organization, getting buy-in from senior stakeholders, and bringing the vision to life.
- You enjoy managing large cross-functional and global projects.
- You enjoy working amidst high ambiguity, and do whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
- You excel in analytical thinking and problem solving, and use first-principles thinking and data to structure strategic recommendations
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to get things done