The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Procurement Specialists will take responsibility for supporting procurement needs of a 24/7 production facility. The incumbent will work closely with all requisitioners to ensure a timely and efficient purchasing process that results in a cost-effective procurement process. The Purchasing Leader has an important role in the Procurement Organization with the responsibility for the sourcing of equipment, goods, and services while reducing cost and ensuring on time delivery to meet organizations goals and objectives.
- Serve as local owner for the procurement process of MRO (Maintenance Repair and Operations) supplies and services at the plant level
- Implement MRO procurement processes in accordance with Enviva, OEMS, and Finance department standards and policies
- Train plant associates on the MRO procurement processes as required by their role
- Validate requests for materials and services to ensure specifications for materials and services are adequate and complete
- Prepares RFQs, Source materials and services based on specifications provided by requestors, in a manner that achieves the best economic outcome while meeting the time requirements provided by the requestor
- Convert requests to requisitions and issue POs to vendors, Manages Opens POs and Acknowledgments.
- Monitor the requisition review and approval process to ensure timely approval
- Manage the open requisition backlog to ensure materials and services are received within the required time frame
- Establish min/max thresholds for MRO spares and consumables with approval from the appropriate maintenance or operations owner
- Establish procedures for maintaining inventory accuracy of MRO spares and consumables including assignment of stock numbers and inventory locations, procedures for receiving and issuing supplies from inventory, and performing spot audits
- Reorder material issued from inventory to maintain quantities within the min/max target
- Report on key process indicators to measure process compliance and effectiveness such as # requests rejected for inaccurate specifications, # of aged requisitions, inventory accuracy, % of requests for parts not in stock, % requests for parts not carried in inventory, etc.
- Coordinate with counterparties to manage Engineering Changes, Manage Phase out of Obsolete and Inactive parts.
- Responsible for implementing Category Strategies supplied by Category Managers
- Establish and maintain strong working and strategic relationships with all peers, plant manager, production managers, and maintenance for procurement needs
- Develop and maintain comprehensive understanding/knowledge of plant operations and requirements
- Ensure compliance with all approved policies, strategies, and programs of the company, its parent company, or in projects for timely achievement of all activities
- Maintain vendor database utilizing current vendors and only adding vendors with added value to the organization.
- Manage relationships with key local suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance with the organization’s terms and conditions.
- Focus on consolidating vendors by developing synergies with other sites within the organization to achieve optimum cost savings.
- Support and implement Procurement leadership cost saving initiatives; measuring Price Variance, Lead Time and MOQ improvements.
- Measure and hold select local suppliers accountable for performance as measured in supplier scorecards.
- Manage on-site vendors to ensure all procedures are followed.
- Coordinate with accounting to ensure pricing/invoicing accuracy, supports invoice resolutions to avoid supplier credit holds.
- Assists receiving with delivery discrepancies, Negotiates the return of non-desired material (quality or function) - RMAs.
- Effectively communicate potential supply disruptions throughout the organization, as first escalation contact communicates and starts escalations with the supply base.
- Promote safety initiatives and enforce the organization’s safety policies.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Procurement, Materials Management, Logistics, Engineering,
- Supply Chain or Finance.
- Minimum of 3 years procurement plus undergraduate degree or 8 years procurement experience. A combination of education and experience will be taken into consideration.
- Ability to work collaboratively with maintenance, production, and accounting teams.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite of Word, Excel, etc.
- Proven negotiation skills and strategies supported by specific accomplishment.
- Proven vendor relationship management skills.
- Ability to independently manage priorities and schedule to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Other Valuable Skills:
- Knowledge of Gembas, Visual Administration, 5’s, Root Cause Analysis, Material and Document retention, Knowledge of 7 wastes, VA and NVA activities, Continuous Improvement, Effective Communication.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Occasional limited travel may be required
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.