Clearmatics' mission is to build peer-to-peer infrastructure for a machine-driven future that is resistant to the monopoly-making tendencies of network effects inherent in today's client-server architectures.
We call our technology approach 'decentralised automation', which combines cryptography, consensus protocols and economic mechanism design.
We are a blockchain R&D company with good ties to the Open Source / Ethereum community. We work closely with the Ethereum Foundation and the company is a member of the EEA.
We've recently announced the close of our Series A funding round and are now looking to hire a PLATFORM OPERATIONS MANAGER to help drive the next stage of the company's growth.
The Platform Operations Manager will work closely with the Head of Platform Service Delivery, the Platform Architecture team, and our testing and DevOps teams, to create a fully operational blockchain node network, and associated operational processes, to underpin our Platform-as-a-Service offering in a 24/7, mission-critical environment.
This role will report to the Head of Platform Service Delivery.
We are working to provide distributed systems to some of the world's leading financial institutions. You will be heavily involved in solving challenging and complex problems faced in banking and capital markets, using cutting-edge technology.
As the Platform Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Designing processes to operate several decentralised blockchain networks in line with established industry standards for mission-critical systems
- Leading the set-up and implementation of such processes, including network build and inception
- Providing input to the architectural design of our systems and components
- Creating management frameworks for platform operations and associated processes
- Building and managing a 24/7 support and operations team
The role will involve:
- Process design
- Process implementation
- Platform set-up and operations, including (nut not limited to) key processes/practices, such as:
- Change Control
- Incident, Monitoring and Event Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level, Capacity, and Performance Management
- Service validation and testing
- Technical background with hands-on technical experience, either as a Network Admin, Sysadmin, Devops, SRE or in a hands-on role across Data Centre Operations
- A good understanding of the following tech stack:
- Unix / Linux Servers
- Monitoring, alerting, and reporting tooling: Nagios, Grafana, etc.
- Deployments in large clouds (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, ...)
- Containerisation and virtualisation technologies (Docker, Xen, etc.)
- Automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Kubernetes, and similar)
- Proven experience of IT Service and Operations process design in the context of industry standards (e.g. ITIL)
- Proven experience of process implementation
- Strong track record of supporting network operations in a mission-critical, distributed environment: financial institutions; gaming; data centres - high value settings with significant business risk
- Excellent team leadership and management skills
- Experience of working with distributed or highly decentralised systems
ATTRIBUTES - What we need from you:
- You will be proactive, hands-on and describe yourself as a 'doer' with a strong focus on output and 'getting stuff done'.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively, in a cross-functional environment.
- You will be able to balance your qualities as a 'doer' with an ability to be conceptually rigorous when needed, and open to detailed conceptual planning and debate
NICE TO HAVES
- Engagement or interest in Open Source communities
- Blockchain experience (particularly Ethereum)
- Background in Fintech or bank operations infrastructure
- Strong understanding of financial market infrastructure and operational requirements
- ITIL or similar frameworks qualification
What we value at Clearmatics:
- Collaboration and respect
- Honesty & Humility
- Ability to challenge opinions with logic and evidence
- Willingness to work hard and solve hard problems
- Passion for distributed technology, cryptography, and their implications for society
- Continuous improvement and learning.
If you'd like to make significant contributions to the blockchain ecosystem and think you are a match, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remotely.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development - annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favourite British specialties.
- Joining a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company