AE Works is actively seeking a creative and highly talented Plumbing and Fire Protection Designer to join our team.
This position is based out of the North Shore, Pittsburgh, PA office. By visualizing spatial relationships to make sure that everything fits in the provided space, you will deliver your art by weaving sytems in buildings and incorporating the systems, sizing all equipment, and providing the required connections to make it all work together in energy efficient harmony. The job comes with a competitive salary based on relevant experience as well as generous perks and benefits, including medical, vision, and disability insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, a 401k, flex scheduling, dress-for-your-day dress code, and dog-friendly offices.
In this role, we'll count on you to:
- Design and construction administration of plumbing and fire protection systems for building projects, both new construction and renovation, within various market segments
- Produce high quality deliverables for Clients at all stages of design
- Champion engineering design relevance within the firm through mentorship and training
- Participate in meetings, internally and externally, to collaborate with other team members and Clients
- Travel with team members for onsite collaboration and investigations
- Attend interviews for new work opportunities
- Participate in corporate activities including Social and Eco projects to support and develop the Triple Bottom Line business model and enhance our B Corp status.
Our strong applicants will have this profile:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with Revit
- Relevant design experience in the building industry
- Skilled with using cloud based and mobile technology for collaboration
Our top applicants may also have one or more of the following:
- PE registration in PA or other reciprocal state
- Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) credential
- Fire Protection Engineering license
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Recent project experience in areas of healthcare, senior care, higher education, commercial, public safety, and/or governmental facilities
- Experience and knowledge addressing Legionella contamination in plumbing systems will be given preference
- Highly proficient in the use of Revit and engineering modeling tools
We tame building complexities. A single-source solution that leverages the power of diversity and collaboration to add value throughout project life cycle. To learn more about AE Works, visit www.ae-works.com.