Working with Spotify’s global content teams, this role will help steer the direction of Spotify’s original podcast productions, licensing deals, and new talk content initiatives (e.g., Audiobooks, Live Audio, etc.) across markets in the JAPAC region.
The Talk Content Strategist position sits within Spotify’s Content Unit, which is home to the creators, curators and partnership teams that fill Spotify with the music and podcasts our users love. The Content Strategy team serves as a vital link between content teams located across the globe and centralized research support services. Working alongside a broader community of 30+ data scientists and market researchers, Talk Content Strategists help develop Spotify’s global talk content strategy by creating meaningful research plans and by harvesting actionable, data-backed content recommendations from the resulting research.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to be part of shaping Spotify’s talk content strategy, in a pivotal time as we transition from being a music-first company to an all-audio company. The position will serve a key role in an exciting mission: Evolve the way the world experiences audio storytelling.
What you'll do:
- Partner with Spotify’s podcast studios in JAPAC to develop market-level programming and licensing strategies for podcasts and other talk content such as Audiobooks or Live audio
- Provide data-backed guidance on potential new show development and licensing deals
- In partnerships with centralized data science and market research teams, identify and monitor key market and competitive trends
- Work with data science teams to assess content performance and synthesize data-backed creative recommendations
- Analyze the competitive landscape, identifying performance trends and white space
- Give feedback to creative teams on techniques for optimizing series performance
- Organize show lookbacks and post-mortems to discuss and distill learnings
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience in podcast programming, digital video strategy, TV programming or digital audience development
- Proficiency in both data analysis and creative storytelling
- Ability to turn data-backed insights into actionable recommendations
- Proficiency in multiple languages, preferably Hindi, Indonesian, Tagalog or Japanese.
- Experience working across multiple markets, preferably in the JAPAC region
- Familiarity with international media landscapes
- Love of podcasts and audio storytelling
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent ability to build relationships with multiple functions and regions at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.