Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at corporate.pokemon.com and pokemon.com. And check out Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/Pokémon), Youtube (youtube.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Pokémon Center Merchandise Development (Apparel)
- Job Summary: Creates apparel and wearable accessory product sets that are in line with the general style characteristics of the Pokémon brand and are representative of current industry trends. Development process includes concept ideation; concept presentation creation, and then pitch to appropriate internal stakeholders; monitoring fashion trends for applications to existing and new designs; facilitating reference samples and coordinating with cross-functional teams including Design, Production and Brand Approvals to ensure fulfillment of product vision and brand requirements.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Ideate new apparel product concepts with appropriate Design and Production team members.
- Pitch product concepts by way of assembled presentation to relevant internal parties.
- Monitor industry and market trends.
- Partner with technical designers, engineers, and customer insight teams.
- Infuse brand details into product sets, in collaboration with merchandise development teams.
- Develop short- and long-term plans to support corporate and/or regional goals with manager.
- Be self-motivated to work on/manage apparel projects and participate in team efforts on shared tasks.
- Oversee apparel projects through the entire product development process, while balancing quality and schedule.
- Look for opportunities for innovation unique to the Pokémon brand.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, production, packaging, planning and other internal partners to create product that is the best fit for the brand.
- Be adaptable to shifting priorities and be vigilant to keep projects moving forward to meet deadlines.
- Be instrumental in generating new apparel concepts to enhance the brand.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise in relation to apparel and wearable accessories.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience, preferably in an apparel-focused role.
- Knowledge of working with licensed and/or character brands.
- Demonstrate a strong apparel design sense and problem-solving skills.
- Strong visual, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of materials and multiple manufacturing processes in relation to apparel.
- Proactively observes and gains understanding of the competitive marketplace.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $83,000.00 - $97,850.00. The full range is $83,000.00 - $123,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.