About Vantage Data Centers
Vantage is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equality, respect and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience.
Vantage Data Centers powers, cools, protects, and connects the technology of the world’s well-known hyperscalers, cloud providers and large enterprises. Developing and operating across six markets in North America and six markets in Europe, Vantage has evolved data center design in innovative ways to deliver dramatic gains in reliability, efficiency and sustainability in flexible environments that can scale as quickly as the market demands. Vantage’s business is growing exponentially through a combination of greenfield market expansion and acquisitions across North America and Europe.
Vantage is looking for a Portal Developer to develop and manage all aspects of our customer facing portal, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, and security. You must be able to work independently in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, develop, deploy, manage, and support a Portal built with Liferay
- Develop integrations between Liferay and various external systems using vendor APIs
- Develop and implement application systems
- Participate in the technical design of application systems with various teams
- Assist in definition of timetables and project tasks; analyzes and estimates cost and time
- Create comprehensive unit test plans and test cases
- Create and executes performance tests to ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved
- Performs change impact analysis tasks
- Participates in design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation various teams
- Joins in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and contribute to learning
- Contributes and at times, leads contracting implementation team and technical staff to investigate, analyze, and resolve technical problems related to system functions, programming, and procedures
- Support daily activities such as creating/updating sites and managing site permissions.
- Customize SharePoint site(s) to support business initiatives and partnership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience demonstrating specific knowledge of the function and makeup of Liferay 6.1, 6.2 and DXP is required.
- Experience in Java development
- Experience in architecting, designing, configuring, and deploying Liferay solutions (>= v6.1)
- Experience in portal & web content management
- Experience of portal standards like JSR 168,286 is preferred
- Experience in leading joint team development
- Should be able to recognize business requirements and translate to information architecture/software development
- Strong in documentation skills
- Agile based delivery experience
- Experience in SQL database
- Experience integration Java and Liferay with other applications like CRM/ERP, LDAP, AD, eCommerce, Spring, Hibernate, JSF
- Experience with enterprise software support
- Meticulous attention to detail, solid organization skills, and strong sense of ownership
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing (including documenting system current state)
- Must have strong presentation skills and ability to train on new processes
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to effectively interact in cross-functional teams
- Ability and desire to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced, growth environment and handle multiple projects and tasks daily
Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
Vantage Data Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer