Octopus Renewables is a leading specialist renewable energy investment manager for retail and institutional clients. We currently manage investments in energy generating assets valued in excess of £3.4 billion. The assets we invest in and manage are across a range of geographical locations and include solar power parks, wind farms, reserve power plants (gas fired generators), biomass and landfill gas projects as well as anaerobic digestion systems. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a future powered by renewable energy.
About the role:
We are seeking a Portfolio Associate to join the Octopus Renewables Fund Management and Operations Team, reporting to the Portfolio Manager. For your assigned portfolios, you will support all aspects of Fund Management which includes Investor (Equity) and Lender (Debt) Management within specified funds/portfolios.
Your role is to understand and deliver against all investor requirements which includes reporting, valuations, distributions/dividends and investor and/or market communications. In this role, you will deliver accurate and quality outputs whilst supporting the drive to continuously improve our fund management processes. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work in Octopus Renewables where we have the ambition to onboard and manage £bns of assets over the next 5 years.
Core responsibilities will include:
· Equity investment modelling: You will proactively monitor and have oversight of the fund and all underlying assets through creating, maintaining and improving fund and operational asset models. You will deliver accurate and timely quarterly valuations, updating models and undertaking detailed assumptions reviews and checking outputs from peers. You will maintain a close relationship with Asset Managers to understand underlying Asset Performance. You will monitor investor returns, track record and other fund KPIs, ensuring accurate data and informative forecasts. You will do this on Power Bi/Excel Models.
· Debt modelling You will understand the debt structures in place within your portfolios and ensure that all lender requirements are understood and complied with. You will work with the Investments team on project finance where appropriate and build your knowledge in this area.
· Derivatives management: You will have oversight of any hedging policies and associated products relevant to your portfolio including FX, Interest Rate Swaps, Cash Products working with Finance and the Investments team to ensure these deliver fund mandates.
· Risk Management: You will ensure that your portfolio is governed correctly, managing the Customer Boards, ensuring appropriate controls, driving effective and efficient processes and managing counterparties diligently. You will understand the risks associated with the portfolio and proactively monitor, escalate and mitigate. You will support ESG implementation, monitoring and reporting.
· Investment onboarding: You will support follow on investments into your portfolios and ensure any new acquisitions or disposals are onboarded / offboarded effectively from funds.
· Investor relationship management: You will understand the requirements and needs of investors within a fund and seek to apply commerciality to our fund management processes. You will coordinate and input into the creation of investor reports and outputs that we can be proud of, ensuring that the information provided is accurate and relevant. You will support follow on fundraising efforts and due diligence processes through the provision of data.
· Continuous Improvement: You will look for improvements in the way we do things, driving forward consolidation, simplification and automation where possible to drive better outcomes for our investors, working on Fund Management Projects as appropriate.
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
This job has been filled or removed by Octopus.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Portfolio Associate - Octopus Renewables job post.✕