Octopus Renewables sources, invests in and actively manages a wide range of utility scale energy assets. We are looking to expand our team as we continue to scale our investments base.
Since entering the renewables market in 2010, Octopus Renewables has grown to become the largest investor of solar power in Europe, and a leading investor in onshore wind. We currently manage a global portfolio of over £3bn renewable energy assets. The operational portfolio includes over 300 energy generating companies, delivering revenue in excess of £250m pa.
Our energy investment and asset management team of c.70 professionals is one of the largest and most experienced in Europe. The team is structured to support our rapid growth ambitions and long-term ownership of energy assets.
About the role:
We are seeking a Portfolio Manager to join the Octopus Renewables Fund Management and Operations Team, reporting to the Fund Management and Operations Director. For your assigned portfolios, you will be responsible for the quality and delivery of all fund management processes which includes Investor (Equity) and Lender (Debt) Management. You will have at least one direct report, a portfolio associate.
In this role, you will use your experience and skills to deliver accurate and quality outputs for existing and new investors whilst seeking to continuously improve our fund management processes. This is an exciting opportunity work with the Fund Management and Operations Director to build a platform for growth, ensuring that that we can onboard and manage £bns of assets over the next 5 years.
Core responsibilities will include:
· Fund structuring and onboarding: You will work with the Fundraising team to understand the needs, structure and mandate of new investors and support in the provision of information during fundraising processes. Alongside the funds finance team, you will establish appropriate governance, processes and procedures to manage new funds on an ongoing basis (e.g. drawdowns, portfolio models and NAV calculations, distributions, client reporting). Working with relevant 3rd party service providers, you will ensure that funds are managed with robust controls and that the needs of investors are met efficiently and effectively. You will have efficient processes to onboard new investments quickly into your funds. You will build a strong relationship with the relevant Product Heads and the transactions team.
· Investor relationship management: You will understand the requirements and needs of investors within a fund and apply commerciality to our fund management processes, working alongside the appropriate Product Head. You will establish relationships with the investors and be a first point of call of inbound investor queries and deliver excellent customer service to them. You will oversee the creation of investor deliverables that we are proud of with insightful and thoughtful KPIs and narrative, integrating ESG and impact. You will lead on any operational due diligence requirements for the fund.
· Fund, Equity and Debt Modelling: You will proactively monitor and have oversight of the funds and all underlying assets through equity and debt financial models. You will deliver accurate and timely quarterly valuations through benchmarking, transactions data, undertaking detailed assumptions reviews and checking outputs from financial models delegated to the portfolio associate. You will challenge, oversee and explain investor returns, valuations, track record and other fund KPIs, working collaboratively with other teams, ensuring accurate data and informative forecasts. You will be an experienced modeller and will look to innovate and optimise our modelling approach, seeking opportunities for consolidation, simplification and automation whilst mitigating risk.
· Risk Management: You will ensure that your fund is governed correctly, ensuing that the appropriate information is provided to enable decision making / focus on key issues. You will understand the key risks associated with the portfolio (WEP, FX, Economic, Asset Level, HSE, ESG) putting in place suitable policies and working collaborative with teams ensure that appropriate mitigation strategies are in place. A core focus will be on FX hedging strategy and derivative management.
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
This job has been filled or removed by Octopus.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Portfolio Manager - Octopus Renewables job post.✕