Yieldstreet is looking for a dynamic, thoughtful, and team oriented portfolio management professional. The Portfolio Management group at Yieldstreet focuses on all aspects of portfolio management including but not limited to asset management, conducting ongoing calls with borrowers/originators, monitoring ongoing deal business/construction plans, risk management, valuation, restructuring, and financial reporting on all Yieldstreet investments.
The Portfolio Manager will report directly to the Head of Finance and will play an integral role in helping develop overall portfolio management strategy to support the growth of Yieldstreet’s platform. Additionally, they will help in the development and execution of Yieldstreet’s internal valuation & financial reporting capabilities. Yieldstreet’s platform offers & manages transactions across a variety of alternative asset classes, including real estate, specialty finance, consumer lending, litigation finance, among others, and invests across the capital stack including senior secured debt, junior debt, direct equity investments, 3rd party funds, and acquisitions. We have deployed over $1.9B to date across all asset classes and are looking to grow to $2.0B+ per year.
This role will be based out of the NYC office and requires someone to be located within a commutable distance to the office at least 3 days per week.
What You’ll Do
- Develop & maintain financial models to generate fair market value & NAV on the portfolio of Yieldstreet investments.
- Assist in the development & execution of a risk modeling and scoring framework.
- Assist in the development & execution of a financial reporting framework to external institutional investors.
- Assist in the day to day management of the Yieldstreet portfolio. Manage relationships on closed deals with counterparties (borrowers, originators, fund managers) to ensure progress on business plans, construction, compliance, etc.
- Review financial statements, loan documents, & other deal, loan, and collateral level documents to ensure positive performance.
- Gain exposure to the process of negotiations, workouts, & restructurings on non performing investments.
- Assist in tasks across functions including: origination, underwriting, structuring, operations, technology and marketing.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. CPA or CFA is a plus
- 4-7 years of asset management, credit underwriting, or valuation of illiquid alternative investments experience. Experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or financial valuation; preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance or assessing risk exposure.
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced startup environment
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.