This is insurance, but not as you know it.
Superscript is pioneering the next generation of business insurance; leading the way in product and technology innovation.
We provide bespoke, flexible, subscription-based business insurance designed specifically to meet the fast-changing and complex needs of small businesses. Our unique offering has helped customers as they have scaled from pre-seed stage to unicorn status and beyond. This is an exciting and stimulating market to serve.
At the start of 2020 we closed our Series A funding round, raising $10.4m from investors including BHL Holdings (owner of Compare the Market), Beazley and Concentric. This investment will fuel our continued growth in existing and new territories and enable us to invest further in our technological capabilities.
Our people are our most-prized asset. Superscripters share an ambition to change the image of business insurance - and have fun along the way! If this sounds like you, please read on…
About the role
- Work with our data, product, partnerships and marketing teams to identify and deliver on new opportunities, both in the UK and overseas
- Lead our underwriting team to expand our target market and increase lifetime value, by enabling us to protect more SMEs against more types of risks
- Challenge the status quo by designing insurance products that are more relevant for modern businesses, and developing automated underwriting rules for larger and more complex risks
- You must have experience implementing and managing all aspects of binding authorities (company or Lloyd's, ideally both)
- You must have excellent attention to detail and organisation skills, and ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- You must be able to leverage new and existing relationships to manage, distribute and secure underwriting capacity strategically
- You must have a broad knowledge of commercial insurance products and a solid understanding of relevant compliance requirements
- The ideal candidate will also have worked in a startup environment and/or have Chartered Insurance Insurance qualification
In return, we offer you:
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Equity package (EMI scheme) - offering real rewards for business success
- Ability to develop and grow your career within the company
- Twenty-five days holiday + bank holidays - work hard, play hard!
- Vitality private health and dental insurance
- Great pension (up to 10% on top of your salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Amazing team and founders, supportive board and investors
- Latest Apple tech gear
- Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events
- Central London location with the best lunch in town (Borough market!)