Post Specialist, Branded
BuzzFeed's Branded department is looking for a Post Specialist/Finisher to join Branded Post Production.
Candidate must possess a technical background as well as the creative desire to grow their color and sound skills while working on the full spectrum of our products.
Since Branded's environment is ever changing and fast paced, we are looking for a team player with a positive attitude who can not only elevate our workflow but also our product.
Must be detail oriented and efficient.
- Work with the Post and Creative departments to prep & finish all deliverables within the project specs and timeline
- Reconnect to raw, overcut, conform, color correct & sound mix
- QC finished piece against offline reference
- Work with creatives to get final approval and/or adjust as necessary
- Export all masters per project spec
- Follow and help build out our finishing workflow
- Trouble shoot / provide support for our assistants
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field
- Working knowledge of Post Production & Production processes
- Proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in production plan / schedules
- Strong familiarity with camera, lenses & other production gear
- Knowledge of color and sound finishing best practices
- Knowledge of audio/visual calibrations for grading/monitoring
- A passion for technology
- Ability to work independently with a team
- At least 3-5 years experience working in the digital space
- At least one year of color and/or sound finishing experience
- At least 1 year of color finishing,
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Must be able to understand the big picture as well as perform some of the basic tasks
- NO HATERS
- DaVinci Resolve 12
- Adobe Premiere CC 2015
- Adobe After Effects CC 2015
- Adobe Audition CC 2015
- Avid ProTools 12
- OS X
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.