About Veloce Energy
Veloce is a fast-growing leader in the electrification of transportation and transformation of the grid edge. We are dedicated and passionate about the electrification of everything as a means to fight climate change and air pollution while creating a just transition empowering all. While we each bring our strengths, we drive collaboratively to reach our overall goals. Our co-founders have helped shape the solar, storage, e-Mobility and retail energy industries. We are seeking diverse, passionate, driven people to lead us further at all levels. Join us if you want to shape a just clean energy future.
We are seeking a innovative, handy, crafty, skilled, Electrical/Electronics Technician. As a Technician, you will assist with all electrical aspects of products developed within the Veloce Power Systems Team including product design, assembly, test and migration of product from engineering to manufacturing. In this position, you will be exposed to all aspects of a products lifecycle and your experience will also be instrumental in helping to set up our lab and manufacturing facility.
- Construction of engineering prototypes
- Run tests of high power electrical power converters
- Creation of electrical schematics for product and systems
- Configure and wire facility electrical systems for engineering laboratory
- Design and document component assemblies for manufacturing
- Train production/service technicians/assemblers
- Knowledge of & ability to use test instruments including DVM meters, oscilloscopes and logic analyzer and other test equipment
- Ability to work independently and with a team in both production and engineering environments.
- Must have experience working around 3-phase AC power, high voltage DC
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- 2 year (or greater) degree in relevant field or equivalent
- ≥10 years experience as electrical technician
- Proficient in fine-pitch soldering
- Experience with high-power electrical systems
- Proficient with standard business tools (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficient with shop tools (saws, drills, etc.); Ability to use hand tools such as solder pot, weld, crimper, tweezers; heat gun, Fluke Multimeter, screwdrivers, socket wrenches, tap, drill press, drill, etc.
- Experience with mechanical assembly of large electrical products
- Excellent Prototyping and low-level electronic design skills
- Basic Electronic, Electrical and Mechanical assembly skills
- Ability to troubleshoot/problem solve.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Advanced soldering, PCBA add-on/rework,
- EHS training, experience with battery storage systems
- Ability to train/mentor others on Safe Practices around AC and high voltage DC systems
- Experience developing test systems
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace will make Veloce a stronger and more flexible organization, better able to create technological and social change. We believe diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective all drive innovation. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued and creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We are rapidly growing our company and will help people manage their careers while we create the future together.