Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a key member of the Brooks PR & Communications team, the Public Relations Coordinator supports the day-to-day execution of PR-related activities. As part of the PR team, the PR Coordinator should have a strong understanding of both the runner and the Brooks brand. You will infuse this knowledge through your relationships with trade media and execution of day-to-day PR team activities.
- Contribute to the development of strategic media plans that can be leveraged across trade, consumer and business media.
- Assist in the development of media materials including pitches, media lists and bios.
- Manage media samples by partnering with the footwear and apparel teams to conduct seasonal sample forecasts. Place and fulfill all trade orders and work with the PR agency to fulfill consumer media requests.
- Build and maintain relationships with key trade media and industry influencers, and understand running, health and wellness media landscape. Maintain the trade media list, track engagement with contacts and proactively identify newcomers for relationship cultivation.
- Ideate, draft and deploy media pitches to trade and local media around new product launches, cultural heat moments and more.
- Support the coordination of all industry trade events as well as local Seattle events. This is inclusive but not limited to The Running Event (TRE) and Outdoor Retailer.
- Develop and distribute monthly coverage reports to key organizational stakeholders. Seek ways to increase the efficiency and value of reports to stakeholders across the company, and drive implementation.
- Work with Digital team to ensure Press page on brooksrunning.com remains up to date.
- Monitor and report on media trends. Have a finger on the pulse of how brands are working with press, topics that are resonating with media and new publications/editorial outlets that reach runners and share findings with PR team.
- Understand the running community and the topics that resonate with runners globally.
- BA or BS degree in Communications or Marketing
- 1+ years of Public Relations or marketing experience preferred
- Ability to work across the organization to gather information and assist in developing integrated programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral; must be extremely detail-oriented
- Must possess the ability to execute a wide variety of tasks and work in a fast-paced, team environment
- A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
- Strong organizational skills and independent work habits
- Strong MS Office skills (including PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.