Working with the Marketing Director this role will be responsible for managing all PR activities for RedMart. This role will provide strategic direction as well as the day to day management of all Public Relations activities including media relations, trade shows, press releases, government relations. You will manage the end to end planning, strategy creation, activations and measurement of all PR elements.
You'll be instrumental in supporting the marketing team / company and responsible for directly driving the Public Relations processes. This is an ideal role or someone that is a risk taker, a marketer and a story-teller. You should have the ability to create big ideas and implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on creating new strategies and inspiring others to believe in them.
- Build and maintain strong media relations, proactively pitch, and prepare briefings.
- Prepare and participate in all media requests, interviews, conferences, government.
- Develop and write compelling content for industry news, press releases, backgrounders, bio’s, feature stories, speaking points, reactive and proactive statements on the brand, products, industry and people
- Develop strategic, effective, and results-oriented public relations campaigns and story ideas
- Develop, manage and attend key tradeshows, PR events, and brand activations
- Support internal communication in coordination with HR.
- Manage external speaking opportunities, attend networking events, and conferences as required
- Develop, maintain, and publish a PR calendar that support every department in RedMart.
- Report out on PR activities and metrics across the organization
- Keep current on industry, issues, and news with timely updates to the larger organization
- Successfully manage complex products with fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- 5+ years of PR experience required
- Critical, creative, and innovative thinker is a must
- Must be able to juggle many priorities under tight deadlines while being highly detailed and organized
- Creates an inclusive and creative environment
- Strong copy writing and grammar skillset
- Exceptional collaborative skills and experience working in a matrix organization