OakNorth is the next-generation credit and monitoring platform that provides banks and lending institutions with the insight and foresight needed to create a better borrowing experience for the Missing Middle – the growth business who are the backbones of communities and economies globally but who have been in banking’s blind spot for decades.
The business was founded in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
The Platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia, and in the UK where OakNorth lends off of its own balance sheet via OakNorth Bank. The platform has helped OakNorth Bank become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times FT 1000 (2020), profitably lending over £4bn to date. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 13,000 new homes and 17,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy.
With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Istanbul, Gurgaon and Bangalore, the global team across the OakNorth Holdings group is over 800 people.
As a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for all technical engagements with our prospective customers, including demos, proofs of technology, and use-case-based trials. The Pre-Sales Solution Engineer works in tandem with the Product Specialists and Direct Sales Team to evangelize the cloud, go deep on the platform and integrations, and explain OakNorth architecture. You will deliver on our core values of trust and innovation, providing thought leadership to customers throughout the sales cycle. You will establish yourself as a credible, trusted advisor translating business objectives into compelling solutions based on time spent with the customer and truly understanding their business. To achieve this, you will effectively leverage relationships developed both internally and externally with prospects and customers. You will interact with many different profiles across both business and IT including C-level executives, developers, and admins, collecting appropriate business data, requirements, and feedback, to develop and position the most appropriate solution to meet the customer's needs.
- Lead the engineering effort to deliver production-ready application trials and proofs of concept of the OakNorth Platform in collaboration with application engineers, product managers, and data scientists
- Engage customer executives and domain experts to define, scope, and design application trials
- Design, develop, maintain, and present demo applications of OakNorth products
- Drive early sales discussions on architecture and engineering, particularly explaining the OakNorth Platform and its interoperability with existing systems
- Deliver technical deep-dives, demonstrations, and training as part of the sales process
- Create application and integration approaches to solving complex business problems
- Explore best practices and innovative approaches across Financial Services
- Drive productivity and organizational collaboration
- Create efficiencies and process approaches that will drive revenue and effectiveness
- Leverage the power of data within Salesforce and integrations across the customer environment to deliver a tailored experience across multiple channels
- Engage and lead strategic sales engagements, both technical and business focused to build winning, differentiated solutions and value
- Work with internal sales teams to determine appropriate account development plans and execute on the best strategy to engage customers and prospects in support of defined sales cycles
- Communicate the benefits of our cloud based architecture to customers and prospects as they look to transform their business
- Evangelize the benefits of the platform and conduct technical workshops and education sessions
- Present OakNorth technology, application development, infrastructure, security and integration capabilities and how they can be leveraged to best outcome for the customer
- Build and present customized demos highlighting technical capabilities and innovation available on the platform and cross-cloud approaches
- Participate in required product, sales, procedural, and certification training to maintain, grow, and acquire the knowledge necessary to effectively present the value of our solutions
- B.S. Computer Science, Software or Other Engineering, MIS
- 2-3+ years of Salesforce experience, administration or implementation in client-facing situations or 8+ years of Banking technology and architecture experience, either within a bank or from pre-sales or implementations
- 5+ years of Pre-Sales experience in Financial Services technology with a desire to work in a Sales environment
- Strong awareness of cloud-based technology and its application in banks
- Proven ability to present confidently in front of large audiences, to be credible discussing technical matters at CIO/CTO level and to react quickly to complex scenarios
- Experience working with enterprise banks
- Ability to think strategically and to advise companies on opportunities to transform their organization based on cloud computing innovations
- Experience working as an architect, solution engineer, IT consultant or developer in a customer facing role that provides differentiated software technology solutions
- Strong work ethic, goal-oriented, attention to detail, and proven record of delivery
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.