Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Note: Please include an English version of your resume with your application
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Event Planner
- Job Summary: Plans and executes scheduling and production of Premier Events with a focus on the Latin American market
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Oversee Premier Events in Latin America including Regional Championships and supporting International Championship events
- Lead cross functional teams to plan and execute event programs for multiple products
- Plan event asset and material requests, track production, and ensure delivery to event operators and tournament licensees
- Track and generate regular reports on tournament activity, experience, quality, and vendor performance
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the development and implementation of internal and external policies
- Oversee budget and contracting for tournament organizers, licensees, and vendors to facilitate Premier Events
- Ensure Premier Event information is communicated effectively to key stakeholders and external vendors
- Manage small-to-large projects related to Premier Events to meet business needs
- Continually develop ways for players to engage with Premier Events including new programs, activities, and event schedules to ensure a positive event experience
- Oversee and provide support for online tournament operations and other Premier Events as needed
- Provides on-site event support.
- Research potential event locations and evaluate alternatives.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience required in current Organized Play programs/esports/sports offered in the marketplace (TCG/Video Games)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Business fluent in English and Latin American Spanish.
- Ability to speak Brazilian Portuguese a plus.
- Experience managing tournament and event productions including contracting for production vendors, staffing, and tournament license negotiation
- Expert knowledge of event competition show flow and common tournament formats including single elimination, double elimination, swiss, round robin, and multi-phased events
- Expert at juggling multiple projects, scheduling tasks, and meeting tight deadlines
- Experience and flexibility to work in an environment of rapid change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite
- Advanced knowledge of CAD programs like SketchUp or Vectorworks a plus
- Existing knowledge of the Pokémon brand, and Play! program a major plus.
- Existing knowledge of Microsoft Project, Workfront, JIRA, and Sharepoint a plus
- Thorough understanding of legal regulations and permits required for events.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between MXN 728,000.00 – MXN 864.500.00. The full range is MXN 728,000.00 – MXN 1,092,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.