General Description of the Role:
The Premises Officer will be expected to work in close collaboration with Logistics Manager in Antakya, on premises and office management, maintenance of all GOAL Antakya accommodation. Arranging accommodation for all the new incoming and outgoing personnel.
- Provide direction and support to the Logistics Assistant, overseeing his/her duties. Assign tasks and provide feedback.
- Provide direction, support and oversight to the team of cleaners, overseeing their duties and ensuring that a high standard of service is provided to all GOAL properties.
- Ensure that a performance management system is in place for all direct reports, objectives are set, followed up and reported on regularly.
Lease & Premises Management:
- Identify new premises for GOAL as required, make arrangements to ensure adequate leases and insurances are in place,
- Arrange the fit out for all new premises (furniture, equipment etc.) as required including arranging for connections for gas, electricity, internet and other utilities as needed,
- Ensure that all furniture, fixtures and fittings belonging to GOAL are properly tracked. Liaise with the person responsible for Asset Management to ensure that items are tracked either as assets or as furniture and fittings.
- Maintain a tracking sheet for all GOAL Syria premises in Turkey (offices, residences, warehouses etc.) ensuring that all leases, insurances policies and other utilities are renewed in a timely fashion,
- Arrange the prompt payment of all utilities, lease payments, insurance premiums and other costs associated with GOAL premises.
- Arrange for repairs and maintenance as needed, for example plumbers, electricians and other tradespersons.
- Ensure that accommodation is arranged for all incoming GOAL staff and visitors. Liaise with the Admin Officer where necessary to arrange hotel accommodation.
- Ensure adequate stocks of cleaning materials are maintained for the office and residences.
- Provide support and direction to the Logistics Assistant to monitor and control the distribution of office and household supplies. Ensure that supply usage is sensible.
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe working environment in all GOAL premises in accordance with Turkish legislation.
- Ensure all GOAL premises have adequate safety equipment
- Promote sound environmental practices in all aspects of GOALs premises management.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Logistics Manager or his/her supervisors.
- Provide weekly written reports updating the Logistics Manger on all aspects of premises management.
- 2 years’ work experience in logistics or business administration in an NGO environment. Alternatively 5 years’ experience in private or government sectors
- Previous experience in team management ideally in managing a team of cleaners
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a rapidly changing work environment;
- Good computer skills including Microsoft word and excel;
- Willingness to learn and to take on extra duties as required;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Keeping organizational confidentiality
- Fluent in written and spoken Turkish & English.
- Ability and experience in change management, including implementing new systems and bringing new and existing staff on board.
The deadline for applying is 011th July 2016 at 17:00 Turkey local time.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.