Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Thistle is looking to expand our culinary team with talented, driven culinary professionals to help us craft the healthiest and tastiest food in the Bay Area for our growing customer base. This position is ideal for a culinary professional who is interested in working in a unique start-up kitchen that embraces teamwork and creativity.
This position is 100% onsite in Burlington, NJ.
What you'll do:
- Prepare, wash, and cut food to be cooked
- Work in a high-volume kitchen using industrial equipment
- Store and manage all food products and ensure safety, quality, and freshness
- Organize the kitchen line with the correct components and materials
- Execute food prep production needs based on the recipes provided
- Ensure that all GMPs are followed at all times
- Fulfill all documentation and submit process control forms in a timely manner
- Ensure that Meal Components are properly labeled
- Stay in constant communication with the kitchen and management teams
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma required
- Experience in a high-volume, commercial kitchen
- Experience preparing fruits, vegetables, and produce (prep/knife skills)
- You have a NJ or equivalent Food Handler Certification - or are willing to procure one within 30 days of starting
- You can work a flexible schedule, including weekend or early morning shifts
- You are punctual and has attention to detail
- The ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.