Pricing Analyst, Systems
BuzzFeed’s Pricing Analysts play a key role on the Business Operations team, working closely with Ad Solutions, Distribution, Finance, Creative, and Brand Strategy. The Pricing Analyst, Systems role balances the day-to-day pricing needs of the client services group with pricing analysis and maintenance of order-entry systems.
- Develop insightful quantitative analysis, reporting, and predictive models to support well-informed decision making on pricing, packaging, inventory, and yield management
- Support ad hoc reporting requests from management and finance
- Demonstrate platform expertise and build deep understanding of BuzzFeed’s first- and third-party products and distribution strategies
- Work with Client Services and Operations to ensure orders are accurately entered, reserved, and updated in Order Management Systems
- Act as primary contact with Operative Account Managers and Consultants
- Continually monitor and update Product Catalog & Rate Cards in Operative One
- Own pricing systems materials and trainings for all business teams
The ideal candidate will be a highly strategic individual who possesses strong quantitative & analytical skills, industry knowledge, and a data-driven approach to planning, pricing, and revenue optimization. This role will drive operational, financial, and system continuity and consistency, and must be able to communicate effectively with all teams/levels in the organization.
- 3-4 years experience in digital media, advertising operations, or similar
- Experience with advertising systems (especially Operative) strongly preferred, but not required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail combined with superior organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Experience creating scalable processes and workflows
- Organized self-starter with a focus on excellence and entrepreneurship, with proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Team player with the ability to work effectively in a high energy and rapidly evolving organization
- Comfortable working with sales and other client-facing teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.