Build the programs to help Flexport grow
- Work in Flexport’s vast internal price management systems for freight quotes and shipments to maintain and expand pricing data
- Maintain data pipelines for pricing models from a variety of sources
- Improve performance on KPIs for data quality, efficiency, and automation
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, Software Engineers, & Product to design and implement new data pipelines
- Meet with stakeholders, understand market requirements, and use your analytical mindset to execute strategic pricing work
- Assist in product development for Flexport’s marketplace strategy and roadmap
- Play a critical role in Flexport’s value proposition and rapid growth
You should have:
- 0-3 years experience as a business analyst, in a data-focused role, or in a role with tight operational requirements
- Experience using a scripting language like Python or R. SQL fluency a plus
- Ability to manipulate large datasets in spreadsheets
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to challenge the status-quo
- Demonstrated ability to work on urgent deadlines and coordinate with other time zones
- Track record of cross-functional collaboration and project management
- Knowledge of freight or transportation a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation