About SPARK Schools:
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
Our blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools PE coaches drive student achievement by overseeing the culture and effectiveness of physical education.
SPARK Schools PE coaches work directly with students in the school’s outdoor sports spaces to increase and maintain their health and wellness.
PE coaches are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
● Create a positive student culture around physical education and maintain high behavioural expectations for all students.
● Use SPARK culture and behaviour management practices. Implement SPARK SEL(Social Emotional Learning) Curriculum.
● Supervise scholars during morning arrivals.
● Set up for SPARKs Fly.
● Actively coach students in the development of gross motor skills, team habits, and
specific sports skills.
● Teach students about healthy eating, exercise, and hygiene habits, including positive
choices they should make at home and at school.
● Create lesson plans aligned to network-wide PE curriculum and personalised for
● Plan strategies to stretch content and scholar outcomes during the course of the
● Take responsibility for PE equipment and report any damage..
● Communicate professionally with school staff and parents regarding students.
● Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
● Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
● Grade 12 Certificate.
● Preferably studying a degree in Human Movement/ Sport Science.
● English language fluency.
● Clear criminal record
● SACE registration.
● Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children.
● Physical Education experience or training.
Skills and Mindset:
● Strong desire to be part of a vibrant and dynamic technology-driven work environment fostering creativity, collaboration and
an atmosphere that encourages and allows top performers to thrive.
● Strong desire to be part of a collaborative, team spirited and fast growing Social ImpactDisruptor and Society Shaper who is
leading change in the education space in South Africa through transformational education innovation, ensuring the
accessibility of university and careers for all.
● Strong desire to be part of a learning culture with excellent career development and
advancement opportunities supported by individualised professional development, support and mentorship.
● Ability, Desire and Passion to deliver high quality transformational education at affordable fees to ensure the accessibility of
university and careers for all.
We are looking for ‘’GEMS’’ with the following attributes:
● Grit: Persistence through challenges.
● Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
● Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools
mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
● Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and
R 10,583.00 per month cost to company
Position Type: Full Time
Locations: Tshwane/Pretoria Region
SPARK Theresa Park
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.