Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Principal, Account Management for the Global Selling team, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class. Customers want to shop for products from around the world from their mobile phone or PC, therefore the Global Selling team provides Coupang customer with access to wide international selection that is competitively priced with fast consistent delivery. The team is focused on prioritizing set of global sellers to close gaps with key competitors and expanding to introduce new sellers to Korea. Our team's mission is to increase ability to cast a wider net for global selection in a faster scalable manner and serve as an Input into selection identification for Retail/Jikgu to source.
- Defining and executing a seller recruitment strategy to grow the Global Seller base for non-China markets. Focused Primarily on US, Japan, EU, ANZ, and Vietnam
- Managing existing Key Accounts to help these sellers grow their selection and output results on Coupang
- Working with PM team to scope and prioritize technical and process capabilities to improve seller experience and ultimately improve customer experience through enabling sellers to better operate on Coupang
- Expanding marketing investments of sellers on the Coupang platform via CMG, Goldbox, seasonal promotional events, etc.. Win-Win for driving seller traffic/sales as well as offers for customers
- 5+ years of successful sales and/or business development experience, preferably in the e-Commerce, retail technology or software industries
- Demonstrated success in exceeding marketing/business development/sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience in marketing and pitching nascent products/services to new markets and customers
- Highly analytical with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience in Global e-commerce and/or Electronics, Beauty, Fashion, Home Goods industry
- Proven ability to influence others
- Ability to work with legal, product and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Experience using analytical, marketing, and productivity tools including Business Intelligence, Tableau
- Salesforce or other CRM tools, Microsoft OneNote and Microsoft SharePoint
- Success managing large account portfolios
- Track record of successfully scaling business campaign
- SQL skills desirable
Recruitment Process and Others
Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ([email protected]) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.