Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an accomplished Compliance Engineer to join our dynamic Quality and Reliability Team. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive test strategies and protocols to guarantee that Aeva's state-of-the-art 4D LiDAR adheres to applicable domestic and international product safety and quality standards. Your expertise will be vital in upholding the highest standards of excellence within our organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead Aeva’s regulatory compliance program.
- Develop compliance test plans and criteria by researching and analyzing applicable industry-specific and international regulatory codes and standards.
- Collaborate closely with product design and manufacturing teams to develop policies and guidelines to ensure full compliance with applicable safety and quality requirements throughout the entire product life cycle.
- Participate in mechanical and electrical design reviews to identify and resolve engineering design issues during the product development phase.
- Verify compliance by conducting and witnessing validation tests, performing diagnostic procedures, measuring performance, analyzing and evaluating findings.
- Conduct root cause analysis, troubleshoot and debug failures, and assist the engineering team by identifying and implementing corrective actions.
- Lead testing and debug efforts for EMC related testing.
- Set up and conduct EE automotive reliability tests.
- Document compliance by completing approval applications, preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity, and maintaining a centralized compliance database.
- Setup in-house test environments for initial assessment and supervise third party labs during final validation testing.
- Stay at the forefront of evolving industry trends and emerging regulatory changes, leveraging your insights to influence Aeva's product roadmap and guarantee our preparedness for the future.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field; advanced degree preferred
- At least 8 years of experience with a proven track record of success working in Compliance, EMC Testing or Reliability Engineering roles
- Expert knowledge of US and international regulatory codes applicable to automotive and industrial products including but not limited to RoHS, REACH and WEEE
- Experienced in preparing and submitting certification documentation through relevant compliance and regulatory bodies such as FDA, FCC, CE, UL or TUV
- Hands-on experience performing and analyzing EMC, EMI, HiPot, ESD and RF tests
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to define complex problem statements, identify root cause and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to new challenges within a fast paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills, enabling effective interaction with internal teams, suppliers, and executive stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Nice to have:
- Automotive LiDAR or RADAR experience
- Working knowledge of automotive quality standards such as IATF or VDA
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards