At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
At Instructure, our Principal Consultants help customers to deepen and elevate their use of Instructure products to meet pedagogical goals across their organization by offering strategic planning, customized consultation, applicable resource development, pedagogical expertise, and hands-on targeted coaching.
We are looking for a Principal Consultant to join the APAC Services team to help our strategic customers implement and adopt their use of Instructure products. Providing exceptional customer service to maintain strong relationships will be critical in this role. A successful Principal Consultant will work closely with the customer to understand their needs, help the customer plan for change, increase and enhance Instructure product use across the organization, incorporate pedagogical best practice, and build capacity within the organization to sustain their use after the consulting period is over.
What you will be doing:
- This is a one year contract, with potential for extension.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create and execute effective and detailed communication, training, and engagement plans.
- Act as an agent of change within the organization to support the implementation of the organization’s vision and goals for Instructure products.
- Use data effectively and follow an inquiry process to share your analysis of challenges, apply targeted strategies, and elevate the teaching and learning within Instructure products.
- Mentor and motivate project and organization leaders on Canvas and other products, and inspire educators to achieve success with these products.
- Listen to the needs of the organization and help to meet those needs with Instructure products, including building resources, model courses, and other key deliverables.
- Help leaders make connections between product usage and instructional best practices for learners.
- Collaborate with team members, Instructure employees, and customers to enhance Canvas use across the organization.
- Prepare, curate, and deliver help documents, course materials, and presentations that are specific to the organization.
- Demonstrate a willingness to tackle any task that supports the customer’s rollout of Canvas, while also following internal procedures, Instructure security and privacy protocols, and organization policies.
- Travel to support the rollout of Instructure products as needed and appropriate.
- Identify areas where additional support, training, or consulting are needed.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- At least two years of Canvas experience is required, more preferred, including making engaging Canvas courses that are responsive to and inclusive of teaching and learning needs in a digital learning environment.
- At least one year of experience with other Instructure tools.
- At least one year in an educational leadership position overseeing a team who supports the use of a learning management system for pedagogical purposes, more preferred.
- Experience leading change, building strong relationships, and rolling out a technology platform to a large organization.
- At least one year of experience building effective professional development for educators
- Current knowledge of technology adoption strategies, professional development protocols, and educational technology best practices.
- Impeccable executive leadership presence and top notch verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking, strong problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Willingness to tackle any task that supports the customer’s rollout of Instructure products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Technology, or equivalent. Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or Instructional Technology a plus.
- Willingness to travel to client sites is required. Future assignments may require additional travel and extended onsite engagements in other locations.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.