What You Will Do
- Individual Contributor for all DB activities
- Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases.
- Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities and develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need for downtime.
- Develop Stored Procedures and Database Triggers in support of application development.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for database architecture and design.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
- Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
- Knowledge of postgres database archiving and table partitioning techniques.
- Responsible for regular backups and recovery of databases.
- Responsible for regular maintenance of databases (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving).Responsible for proactive remediation of database operational problems.
- Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance.
- Support complex web-based applications.
- Responsible for implementing replication for the purpose of DR activity Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of working on Cloud (AWS/GCP) database services will be an added advantage.
- Participate in on-call support 24*7 for any Production DB issues.
What You Will Need
- DBA with 7+ years of exp mainly in Postgres/Mysql.
- Experience working with Public Cloud Platforms and Services (i.e GCP, AWS)
- Experience with multiple Database and datastream ( i.e SQL, NoSQL, MQ, Kafka)
- Strong command and experience in UNIX universe platform.
- Experience with CI/CD, and Cron Pipeline (i.e. GitlabCI, github Action)
- Experience Monitoring and Alerting Management
- Knowledge with Terraform/ansible will be huge plus
- Knowledge with Containerization and Orchestration (i..e Docker, Kubernetes) will be added advantage
GoFinance (aka GoFin) is GoJek's financial services arm & is on a mission to create and offer responsible & sustainable financial services. GoFin firmly believes that financial inclusion can unlock the doors to a better quality life, both in the present as well as in the long term. We enjoy collaborative iterative development with fast feedback cycles and prefer making pragmatic technical decisions under the myriad of business and regulatory constraints. Our environment is highly supportive and the team loves to help, unblock, and grow together.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.