NuORDER is the leading wholesale eCommerce platform. Brands use NuORDER to deliver a seamless, more collaborative wholesale process, where buyers can browse products, plan assortments and make smarter buys in real-time. The NuORDER platform was engineered with flexibility and scale in mind, empowering businesses of all sizes with enterprise-level technology. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California; NuORDER connects more than 2,500 brands and 500,000 retailers globally, helping them grow and win together. For more information, visit www.nuorder.com
POSITION SUMMARY (This position can be remote)
We're looking for an experienced Principal DevOps Engineer who enjoys building high performance, scalable, mission-critical, and secure systems in the cloud. We have built the best platform in the industry and are continuing to evolve it. You will be a key member of the team driving the operational aspects of the global system and working with the product and engineering teams to take it to the next level. You’d be a great match for this position if you’re versatile, exercise accountability in your role, and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to innovate in a rapidly evolving industry.
The role is remote/work from home across the U.S.; preferably in the Eastern Time zone.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on Google Cloud
- Collaborate with engineers and other cross-functional teams
- Deploy, maintain, and scale our platform using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Work closely with Software Engineers to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Automate processes using open source tools and custom code
- Unify the logging and exception framework to allow faster bug diagnosis
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a keen interest in automation
- At least 5 years of DevOps experience in a Linux environment
- Solid knowledge of basic AWS or Google cloud services
- Strong knowledge of basic networking (Routing, Firewalls, etc)
- Experience working with Python and/or other scripting languages
- Understanding of containers and container-based services
- Experience using Terraform to produce Infrastructure-as-Code
- Knowledge of container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
Bonus if you have:
- Experience SQL and NoSQL databases especially MongoDB and Postgres
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together.
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid parental leave.