About the Position
Our team has a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. As a DevOps Engineer at FiscalNote, you will pioneer industry-leading technologies and toolsets to enable our developers to innovate in record time. You will have the opportunity to create, evolve, scale, integrate, fortify, and automate our deployment pipeline and core services to solve unique and constantly-iterating engineering challenges.
About the Team
Our industry, now more than ever, is built upon the principles of rapid innovation; agile development and testing, continuous deployment, and ultimately faster time to market for applications. The DevOps/SRE team at FiscalNote is a core driver of these principles. The team is searching for a senior engineer with proven experience in owning projects, identifying and leading implementation of new technology, developing standards, and mentoring team members. DevOps is central to the operations of the entire department, and as such the successful candidate will have input to technology and implementation decisions across the organization.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will get the opportunity to work at an organization pushing the boundaries of open data transparency, while collaborating with some of the industry’s brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to unique problems.
Considering US locations only for this position and time zone requirements may apply in order to address team and business needs.
What To Expect:
- Lead and own major projects to transform our technology stack
- Identify and implement enterprise-class solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, implement and support new products and features
- Identify and implement standards and best-practices
- Mentor team members
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot issues
What Sets You Apart:
- 4+ years experience in a DevOps / SRE role
- Experience with CI/CD Processes
- Configuration Management and Cloud Provisioning Tools (Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Github Actions, CircleCI, CloudFormation)
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Ruby, Golang)
- Experience with Git (Github, Bitbucket)
- Containerized Applications and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Containerd, ECS, etc)
- Elasticsearch experience strongly preferred
- Queueing Systems (RabbitMQ / SQS) experience preferred
- Web Protocols (SSL/TLS, HTTP / HTTP/2) experience preferred
- Databases and Caching Systems (Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached) experience preferred
Reference ID: #LI-AW1 #LI-Remote
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.