Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Data team designs and builds the data assets, pipelines and applications that will enable Xero to bring smart, data-driven, personalised services to millions of customers around the world.
What you'll do
- Drive the automation of everything to release fast, frequently, and reliably
- Focus on a strategic uplift of data platforms, pipelines, monitoring and service management – using strong engineering and operational practices
- Lead the development and implementation of Reliability Processes to further ensure the security, stability, and reliability of Xero’s Data Platforms
- Maintain a secure, reliable and scalable data platform that can enable business users to access quality data quickly to innovate our data solutions and solve business challenges
- Working with wider platform, architecture and engineering teams you will be a key player in the establishment and continual improvement of our data processing solutions
- As a member of the team, you will contribute to the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release production support in an agile, DevOps environment.
- Capacity Plan for the Platform and Data requirements. Develop a foundation for laying out non-functional qualities in the platform including resiliency, scalability, security, and lineage
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Management of Operations, Infrastructure, Regulatory Compliance & Audit Processes to ensure effective operations of the highest standards
What you'll bring with you
- Exposure and proven track record of implementing and supporting Data Platforms at scale
- Experience managing large platform operations and engineering teams
- Experience in administering virtualisation and container orchestration environments
- Track record of solving customers' problems through software
- Significant capacity planning knowledge
- Thorough understanding of the practices and components required to support data analysis and engineering pipelines in production
- Practical Knowledge of ITIL practices
- Experience with DevOps, including CI/CD, automation
- Experience with implementing and integrating with monitoring and alerting tools
- Experience in the deployment, automation, maintenance, and management of Cloud-based environments
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or OpenShift
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.