FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
You will integrate the team responsible for developing and maintaining multiple business to business applications built upon the Farfetch Platform. We support both our internal service providers and our partners using state of the art technologies such as React, Nest.js, TypeScript and GraphQL. We are looking for a Principal Front-end Engineer to be part of Farfetch's Engineering Team, being a reference for other members of the engineering team and leading a group of expert engineers into solving some of our most complex engineering challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Architecture team to ensure that your team is working towards the best standards
- Lead the definition of best practices for frontend development
- Help define testing, monitoring and alarmistic strategies for the area
- Work with design and product teams to ensure the best, but buildable application designs
- Own problems end-to-end and work with platform teams to ensure the final solutions fulfils the most complex requirements
- Mentor a group of engineers, to ensure you make people around you better
- Share your wisdom when reviewing code written by fellow engineers
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone who is passionate about solving complex technical problems
- A graduate of a program in Information Systems or a related field
- A professional with at least 10 years of demonstrable experience in the IT engineering field
- Experienced in defining and implementing complex engineering solutions at large scale for a global audience
- A person capable of being the Technical Reference and Evangelist for the use of new technologies within the domain
- Knowledgeable and experienced in - Product/Software development, with a deep understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement
- Proficient in English, with the ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Attention to detail, with an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multinational level with a multicultural team is a plus
- Experienced in Agile methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum is a plus
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for a Principal Front End Engineer to join our Platform Apps team.