Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
The GNC Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and testing advanced guidance, navigation and control systems for our aircraft. The successful candidate will work closely with our team of engineers and stakeholders to ensure that our aircraft meets safety, performance and efficiency standards. The GNC Engineer will also be involved in modeling and simulation activities to evaluate the performance of the aircraft and optimize its design.
- Design and develop guidance, navigation, and control systems for our aircraft using advanced techniques and tools
- Create and verify models of aircraft physical systems and implement them into simulations
- Conduct simulation studies to assess the performance of the aircraft and optimize its design
- Develop and implement flight control algorithms and strategies to ensure safe and efficient flight operations
- Conduct flight testing to validate and refine the performance of the aircraft's GNC systems
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to ensure that the aircraft meets safety, performance and efficiency standards
- Participate in the development of system-level requirements and specifications
- Prepare technical reports, presentations and documentation related to GNC engineering activities
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical or related Engineering field
- Strong understanding of GNC technical domains, including Guidance, Navigation, Controls, and Modeling and Simulation
- Experience with flight control algorithms and strategies
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, and other modeling and simulation tools
- Experience with flight testing and data analysis
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Passion for aviation and the development of advanced aircraft technologies
If you are a skilled GNC Engineer with a passion for aviation and are looking for an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology, we encourage you to apply for this position. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative startup environment.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.