Vevo is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with over 24 billion monthly views globally. Vevo delivers a personalized and expertly curated experience for audiences to explore and discover music videos, exclusive original programming and live performances from the artists they love on mobile, web and connected TV.
About the Role
We are growing our Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence team and creating the next generation of Vevo’s Artificial Intelligence driven services. This team is responsible for powering our products and company with machine learning and Artificial Intelligence driven services and technologies.
The ML team’s mission is to deliver intelligent, personalized, entertainment experiences and insights to our users, artists, record labels, and internal business groups.
If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your engineering ability to make a positive dent in the world with an Artificial Intelligence powered music platform!
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in San Francisco. We are in a convenient location next to a Muni & Bart station entrance on Market Street.
As a member of our team, you will
- Apply machine learning methods and algorithms to large data sets to create a personalized experience for our users to deliver accurate music video recommendations
- Research and prototype algorithms and design machine learning solutions that can provide value to our users
- Develop services that will be deployed as highly scalable production services
- Strive to produce high quality ML models and programs, and methodically test/measure/improve performance both offline and online
- Assess the efficacy of services by designing and driving online experiments
- Collaborate with other ML engineers, data engineers, data scientists, and application engineers to deliver effective and scalable products and service of value
- Seek to publish in top tier journals, and present your work internally and externally at conferences as a member of a passionate and driven team
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other members of the team
- Possess excellent communication and leadership skills, and the ability to research and develop in an agile, open, and highly synchronized environment
This describes you
- Strong understanding of machine learning concepts, probability, numerical methods, and algorithms
- Substantial experience developing industrial-strength machine learning systems in Python, Java, or Scala. Knowledge of C++, CUDA, and GPU computing is a plus
- Proficient in utilizing machine learning tools such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, or SparkML
- Strive to develop highly performant, scalable, reusable, and long lasting software. Your development style is expressive, service-oriented, defensive, and highly abstracted
- Not shy about handling your data needs, and have a solid grasp of SQL and distributed data ETL processes such as mapReduce, filters, aggregations and joins. Experience with Pandas, Dask and Spark is a plus
- Enjoy music and feel a deep curiosity for creating music entertainment experiences with machine learning
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering (Computational), Mathematics, Statistics or related fields preferred
- +5 years relevant and focused ML experience in industry or at an industrial research lab. (Ph.D. and post-doc experience with direct ML research counts)
- Experience in recommender systems, machine learning algorithms for personalization, neural embeddings generation, deep learning, or reinforcement learning is nice to have
- Contributions to an open source machine learning project are highly encouraged
- If you have related publications and presentations at top conferences, that is also a bonus
- Understanding of music, music tastes, music videos, and consumer entertainment apps is appreciated
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and large distributed systems, especially the AWS ecosystem is nice to have
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We are a fun energetic tight knit team with a passion for music and technology
- In office/external happy hours
- We help you remain up to date with new technology including hosting/attending meetups
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive compensation packages
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- Concert ticket giveaways
- 401k Match
- Upscale San Francisco office with stunning views of City Hall, Golden Gate Bridge, the Peninsula, and the Bay
- Fully stocked kitchen and bar with catered lunches everyday
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.