Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
Are you a passionate, innovative, experienced Hardware Architect looking to help develop state-of-the-art AI and robotics products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a Principal Mechanical Product Architect, you will lead the concept ideation, architecture design, and feasibility analysis of new robotic systems at Shield AI. You will work closely with key stakeholders (Product Management, ME, EE, manufacturing, etc.) to understand the trade-offs in the design space and formulate product architectures that satisfy the needs of the customer. You have a strong understanding of a broad range of hardware disciplines and are able to leverage that knowledge to guide consequential design decisions.
What you'll do
- Work with Product Management and Industrial Design to create a vision for future roadmap products
- Lead system level architecture definition
- Perform trade-off studies and feasibility analyses to demonstrate that product architectures satisfy product requirements and customer needs
- Perform technical risk analysis and define mitigation plans
- Other duties as assigned
The people we're looking for have the following required qualifications and competencies
- 8+ years of experience in hardware design and development
- B.S. or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Significant experience in design and development of electro-mechanical products (consumer electronics, automotive, etc.)
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and design for manufacturability (injection molding, casting, sheet-metal forming, machining, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in physics, mechanical, electrical, and material science engineering, and manufacturing technology
- 3D Modeling experience
- Experience and familiarity with a variety of simulation tools (finite element analysis, CFD, MATLAB, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are organized and methodical
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.