Our Booking China Principal Mobile Developer will serve as a mobile tech lead on large scale projects by leading design of a successful highly user experience driven, flexible, scalable mobile application platform. A seasoned mentor to coach and provide technical guidance to other team members.
Our principals set the direction of how we work, advise our Directors, must be business focused on big picture solution architecture.
Should be growing internal talent in current or past company; Key to the role is helping internal talent rise by enabling them to learn.
- Leading design of a successful highly user experience driven, flexible, scalable mobile application platform that has a major impact on the external users, covering both iOS and Android
- Can design and deliver a solution that allows developers to rapidly create and deploy features on apps.
- Hands-on development of proof of concepts and evaluation of new technologies
- Implements technical strategic decisions in cross functional teams and BUs
- Works closely with product owners and engineers to design, implement, continually improves highly flexible, scalable mobile applications and back-end services
- Provides technical guidance to other team members
- Maintains a current understanding of industry and technology trends
- Communicates and enforces coding standards
- Fluency in Mandarin and English in spoken and written formats
- 10+ years of application development experience, minimum 3 years in lead/architect role
- Experience and understanding about how to develop and operate strategic systems
- Proven hands-on experience in designing, building, improving and operating high-performance, highly-available and scalable mobile (both iOS and Android) application systems in fast growing environment
- Deep domain knowledge in service oriented architecture (SOA), cloud infrastructure, and app (web and mobile) infrastructure
- Ability to create technology plans, lead technical teams and scalable systems from ground up
- Ability to build monitoring capabilities, fault tolerance, fail-safe/recovery strategy into system design
- Extensive experience with software development processes
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data storage and processing
- Ability to design and solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code
- Eager to work in multiple programming languages and frameworks and constantly striving to raise technical excellence
- Ability to convince, provide work direction and leadership to colleagues who do not directly report to this role
- Experience mentoring and growing (senior) developers, not through reporting lines, but through thorough and convincing communication is preferred
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to use data to influence and drive decisions
- Strong customer focus and passion for doing the right thing for the customer
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and relocation package to worldwide candidates.