Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
The product design team at Metromile is responsible for designing new product features and delivering a beautiful and engaging product experience. Our style is collaborative, fast-moving, and iterative. We are also the team that gives the organization a glimpse at what could be by uncovering insights about our customers. We are looking for strong product designers to join our small, driven team, as we scale the product and design organization. Reporting to the VP of Product Design, you will work with other product designers to create experiences for both our web and mobile products. If you’re an expert in product, visual, UI, or UX design looking to join our tight-knit team we’d love to chat with you!
- Work within the design team on a variety of platforms and products
- Champion the customer's point of view always
- Be the design lead for an area of focus for the company, e.g. Purchase Experience, Post-Purchase, Claims, etc.
- Partner with the VP of Product Design on design strategy
- Partner with Product Management to deliver a unified vision of how our products work
- Design high-fidelity visual comps and design communication/specs or prototypes to convey your design vision
- Work directly with the product team and engineering counterparts in launching features and products
- Be a highly collaborative and active member of your design, product, and development triumvirate
- Work alongside our user research team to identify areas in our customer journey that need to be understood more
- Revise and iterate on designs based on design reviews, usability testing, A/B testing, customer support feedback, and usage data
- Mentor less experienced designers
- 6-8 + years experience in product design
- Has lead design of complete products or equivalently sized projects
- 2+ years in design leadership as a senior, lead, etc.
- Portfolio showing examples of complex design challenges highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept through pixel-perfect designs
- Presenting your designs is as second nature to you as creating them. You can tell a story and bring your stakeholders along.
- Experience incorporating customer feedback received through user research, user feedback, user testing, etc. (bonus points if you were involved in the research!)
- Experience creating prototypes (using Invision, HTML, CSS, Framer, Principle, etc.) and working closely with product management and dev teams to implement your design solutions
- Experience with the usual arsenal of design software and related tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, Zeplin, etc.)
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.