Traditional corporate cards were designed to make you spend more with complex rewards programs that encourage wasteful spending. In contrast, Ramp’s mission is to increase the lifespan of businesses with intelligence & automation designed for high-performing finance teams. We make financial rigor easy by enabling real-time visibility and understanding of every dollar spent. Over 1,000 customers are now using Ramp for over $1 billion in annualized transaction volume.
Ramp was founded in 2019 by the same team who built, scaled, and sold Paribus to Capital One. We are the fastest growing NYC startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $1.6 billion in less than 2 years. Ramp has raised $320 million in funding from investors including Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Founders Fund, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners and Thrive Capital, as well as over 50 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies.
About the Role
We seek a Principal/Staff Designer motivated by the opportunity to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers and help define our vision as a product design team—a ground floor opportunity in a design-driven company. Join a hyper-collaborative design team and get autonomy, ownership, and significant impact across the entire product, brand, and marketing. You will evolve our design process and develop a diverse team that champions our users’ voices and ships incredible experiences every day.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design and user experience for significant parts of our core product; own the design process from prioritization through launch
- Work directly with product/engineering leads to transform company strategy into prioritized initiatives in the roadmap and identify the right problems to solve
- Collaborate across various business functions to bring our product, brand, and experience to life
- Be opinionated and leverage a direct line to our customers to get insights. Explore solutions, create prototypes, and dive into user feedback/data to identify points of friction and opportunities for improvement for every initiative.
- Advocate for our users by continuously iterating on and evolving our core products and experiences. Identify areas of improvement and deliver value to customers every day.
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve our long-term product vision, design systems, brand guidelines, and internal design collaboration process.
- Participate in day-to-day team rituals like design crit, story creation, weekly stand-ups, etc.
- Help us hire more amazing people to grow the design team and bring diverse perspectives to our design process
- Contribute to developing our design internship program, where you will mentor the next generation of product designers
What You Need
- Minimum 7 years of tech/startup or digital product agency experience
- Mastery of Product Design software (Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD)
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Experience owning products from start to finish, working with developers and PMs
- Ability to research, ideate, and define the vision for projects within their unit
- Extraordinary visual design skills
- Strong understanding of UX principles and workflows
- Strong background in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, branding & identity, and typography
- Mastery of low and high-fidelity prototyping tools and methods, and their use in UX Research
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice to Haves
- A strong understanding of software engineering workflows and principles is encouraged
100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support