Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
This Product Management position is key in assisting Xometry, together with Thomas, to accomplish its mission to become the global digital marketplace for on-demand manufacturing. This product manager works on the Supplier Services - Thomasnet.com team, working across multiple squads (a cross-functional team made up of designers and developers)
This person is the organizational and strategic operator of the team ensuring that everyone is rowing in the right direction, and helping the team succeed. Being comfortable leading prioritization efforts for engineers and designers, and keeping a focus on the core product vision at all times is essential. In addition, stakeholder management is an essential part of everyday communication, ensuring buy-in, collaboration and consensus, cross-functionally.
The Product Manager will manage the overall vision set by the VP, Product and own the product roadmap for all aspects of Xometry’s Thomasnet.com marketplace. The ideal candidate will possess an excellent sense of timing, best-in-class prioritization skills, is data focused and has outstanding communication skills. Tools like Jira and Confluence are part of their every day. Product growth experience is a plus.
- Lead large, complex projects and manage the day-to-day of multiple product squads
- Advise and contribute to cross-squad and cross-team projects
- Define and communicate company strategy and deliver strategic insights that impact the company as a whole by identifying unmet needs and markets that the company can pursue
- Translate a deep understanding of the competitive landscape into clear product recommendations
- Contribute to other teams’ successes by leading cross-team processes that help scale company performance and mentoring other squads and teams
- Advocate for goal-oriented/KPI driven product management and build an approach for measuring outcomes for every release across the customer platform
- Conduct in-person conversations with existing and potential users to understand customer needs
- Serve as a liaison between the product team and multiple stakeholders
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of product management or similar experience in a product driven technology platform company
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the ad tech industry, and advertiser & member expectations for marketing ROI, ad experience, and privacy requirements.
- Proficiency with reporting/analytics tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude and Looker. Is comfortable with a data-first approach
- Experience working with multi-functional teams
- You are both an excellent individual contributor and effective at rallying teams to collaborate and deliver against business-critical goals
- Experience building roadmaps, managing product backlogs, and working closely with software development teams to build new products and features in a fast-paced environment
- Individual must be a team player, upbeat, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and lead a product team
- Strong interpersonal skills - having a high regard for emotional intelligence and soft skills
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming business requirements into a successful product strategy
- Possesses good organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks through effective prioritization to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities
- Experience making trade-offs between technical scale, business outcomes, and customer needs
- Experience with agile development methodologies like Kanban and Scrum is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly in discussing deeply technical topics with non-technical stakeholders
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
- Experience working on an Ad Driven Digital Marketplace product is a plus
- Must be a US citizen, green card holder, or a legal permanent resident of the United States
What You'll Enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible time off + 13 Holidays
- Paid volunteer time
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free coffee
- And more!
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.