Everyone can benefit from a better understanding of the most fundamental aspect of what makes them unique: their own DNA. Inside all those A’s, T’s, C’s and G’s lie insights into every person—you just have to know what you’re looking for.
Helix is creating the world’s first platform for consumers to get sequenced and gain these insights in their DNA through an ecosystem of high quality partners. From personalized medicine to advanced cancer screenings to custom diet and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming accessible and more valuable than ever. And as our partners grow, so will the opportunity for discovery.
Some examples of projects we’re working on:
Bringing up a high-throughput clinical genetics laboratory using next generation sequencing and integrating that software into our platform
Scaling up bioinformatics software pipelines to curate and annotate genetic sequences at high volume
Developing a secure cloud-based platform and applications for people to access their DNA
What’s important to us:
Curiosity - we are passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own DNA
Responsibility - we have an obligation to people to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
Agility - flexibility, nimbleness, and effectiveness are important to the Helix culture; we’re committed to agile development, continuous integration, and rapid execution across development, product, and design
Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of multidisciplinary achievements
Where you come in:
- You’ll help define, guide, and drive Helix’s future product vision and strategy with a particular focus on bioinformatics.
- You have experience as a PM leading software teams to deliver world-class scientific platforms
You have experience designing and leading software teams to deliver data pipelines, data management systems, and data analysis applications.
What we’re looking for:
- Product managers with a passion for improving people’s lives through access to information about their DNA
- 3+ years of experience in product management of bioinformatics applications and/or platforms
- Experience with and an affinity for a culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery; should understand the role of product owner
- Track record defining and shipping successful bioinformatics software
- Hands-on experience with bioinformatics pipelines, tools, and platforms
- Deep understanding of technology and ability to establish credibility with engineering and scientific teams
- M.S. in CS/Bioinformatics (or equivalent experience) required