Principal Product Manager, Partners and Developers
Everyone can benefit from a better understanding of the most fundamental aspect of what makes them unique: their own DNA. Inside all those A’s, T’s, C’s and G’s lie insights into every person—you just have to know what you’re looking for.
Helix is creating the world’s first platform for consumers to get sequenced and gain these insights in their DNA through an ecosystem of high quality partners. From personalized medicine to advanced cancer screenings to custom diet and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming accessible and more valuable than ever. And as our partners grow, so will the opportunity for discovery.
As a Partnership PM, you will be working with some of the worlds greatest brands and co-developing world-class products and experiences that leverage each person's genomic data. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and love to brainstorm new product ideas and help drive partner success, this is the job for you! Come help introduce genetics to the world and work on meaningful products that every single person in the world can benefit from.
Some examples of projects we’re working on:
Bringing up a high-throughput clinical genetics laboratory using next generation sequencing and integrating that software into our platform
Scaling up bioinformatics software pipelines to curate and annotate genetic sequences at high volume
Developing a secure cloud-based platform and applications for people to access their DNA
Creating the means for people to discover relevant and interesting genomics applications from a trusted ecosystem of high-quality content partners
What’s important to us:
Curiosity - we are passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own DNA
Responsibility - we have an obligation to people to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
Agility - flexibility, nimbleness, and effectiveness are important to the Helix culture; we’re committed to agile development, continuous integration, and rapid execution across development, product, and design
Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of multidisciplinary achievements
Where you come in:
- You’ll help define, guide, and drive Helix’s future product vision and strategy with a particular focus on enabling our partners to be successful using the Helix platform and APIs
What we’re looking for:
- Product managers with a passion for improving people’s lives through access to information about their DNA
- 5+ years of experience in product management of platforms with APIs and SDKs, i.e. build platforms for developers
- Experience with and an affinity for a culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery; should understand the role of product owner
- Track record defining and shipping successful developer-friendly platforms
- Hands-on experience with scalability, performance, data systems, security, and platform capabilities
- Deep understanding of technology and ability to establish credibility with engineering teams
- B.S. in Engineering/Science required, C.S. a plus; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus
What Helix can offer you
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching (up to 4%)
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Goofy co-workers
- Gym subsidies
Helix is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and operates one of the world’s largest next-generation sequencing laboratories in San Diego.
You can learn more at www.helix.com or follow us on twitter.