Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
As our Principal Product Manager you are a strategic leader on Xometry’s product management team, and are responsible for one of Xometry’s critical products. You will own the overall product strategy and vision for their product, develop and maintain a squad-specific strategy/vision, and hold squad members accountable for outcomes. In this position, you are the primary catalyst to get everyone rowing in the right direction, and helping the squad succeed.
The Principal Product Manager of our financial services team will be responsible for delivering financial technology and services for our marketplace. You will deliver payment services and more to drive marketplace efficiency and power delightful new experiences for Xometry buyers and partners.
Our financial services are a critical aspect of the user experience and enablement of our customers and partners. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding Xometry’s business and platform, engaging with internal and external stakeholders, identifying opportunities to add value to the platform using data, developing roadmaps, and working directly with technology leadership and all parts of the organization to manage the execution of the roadmap, including communication, marketing, and release plans.
What You'll Do:
- Translate a deep understanding of Xometry’s business and customer experience & needs into a compelling product vision and strategy that create customer and business value
- Guide data-powered services through their lifecycle, advocate for new product opportunities or deprecations, and address challenges, barriers, and dependencies with stakeholders
- Lead large, complex, cross-squad, and cross-team projects to deliver on your product strategy, with a singular focus on driving business results
- Build collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Practice outcome-oriented/KPI-driven product management: Define product metrics that lead to business goals and report on the outcomes of your efforts, and incorporate customer feedback and product analytics to iterate to success
- Contribute to other teams’ successes by leading cross-team processes that help scale company performance and by mentoring other squads and teams
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management managing multiple competing priorities and engaging technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Must have a strong product background building financial services and working in fast-paced environments
- Direct experience working as a product manager at a company with a web-based product where the technology of the company is the product.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly in discussing deeply technical topics with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience making trade-offs between technical scale, business outcomes, and customer needs
- Experience building roadmaps, managing product backlogs, and working closely with software development teams to build new products and features in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions and measure success
- A plus if you have a bachelor's degree or postgraduate work in computer science or a related technical field and technical proficiency in one or more programming / scripting languages (Python, JS, etc); you consider yourself a technologist
- Mission-driven, positive attitude, and ability to motivate others
- Be a team player, upbeat, and able to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Must be a US citizen, green card holder, or a legal permanent resident of the United States
What You'll Enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible time off + 13 Holidays
- Paid volunteer time
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free coffee
- And more!
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.