Principal Product Manager, Platform
Everyone can benefit from a better understanding of the most fundamental aspect of what makes them unique: their own DNA. Inside all those A's, T's, C's and G's lie insights into every person-you just have to know what you're looking for.
Helix is creating the world's first platform for consumers to get sequenced and gain these insights in their DNA through an ecosystem of high quality partners. From personalized medicine to advance cancer screening to custom diet and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming accessible and more valuable than ever. And as our partners grow, so will the opportunity for discovery.
Some examples of projects we’re working on:
- Bringing up a high-throughput clinical genetics laboratory using next generation sequencing and integrating that software into our platform
- Scaling up bioinformatics software pipelines to curate and annotate genetic sequences at high volume
- Developing a secure cloud-based platform and applications for people to access their DNA
- Creating the means for people to discover relevant and interesting genomics applications from a trusted ecosystem of high-quality content partners
What’s important to us:
Curiosity - we are passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own DNA
Responsibility - we have an obligation to people to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
Agility - flexibility, nimbleness, and effectiveness are important to the Helix culture; we’re committed to agile development, continuous integration, and rapid execution across development, product, and design
Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of multidisciplinary achievements
Where you come in:
As the Principal PM for Helix's platform you will be leading the design and development of this key building block of our business. You will work closely with our engineering/product teams and our key partners on a daily basis to define requirements and prioritize our platform roadmap. Our platform APIs will support everything from authentication, user data, genomic information to e-commerce capabilities. If you are a strong technologists with product instincts, we want to meet you!
What we’re looking for:
- Product managers with a passion for improving people’s lives through access to information about their DNA
- 7+ years of experience in product management of large-scale Internet platforms. Experience as a PM leading software teams to deliver world-class large-scale platforms.
- Experience with and an affinity for a culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery; should understand the role of product owner
- Track record defining and shipping successful consumer-scale and developer-friendly platforms
- Hands-on experience with scalability, performance, data systems, security, and platform capabilities
- Deep understanding of technology and ability to establish credibility with engineering teams
- B.S. in Engineering/Science required, C.S. a plus; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus
What Helix can offer you
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching (up to 4%)
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Goofy co-workers
- Gym subsidies
Helix is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and operates one of the world’s largest next-generation sequencing laboratories in San Diego.
You can learn more at www.helix.com or follow us on twitter.
Equal Opportunity Employer