About the Role:
The Principal Product Marketing Manager is responsible for bringing our products to market and keeping them there. You will report to the Vice President of Product Marketing and serve as a critical partner to all stakeholders across the go-to-market continuum. We are looking for a passionate and strategic Product Marketing lead to develop and leverage competitive and market intelligence, product positioning, and new releases and offerings across our reading products and services, to ensure market facing teams and customers understand our offerings and how we differentiate.
The Principal Product Marketing Manager will become the in-house and customer-facing expert for our reading solutions. Core to this role is an understanding of the pedagogy, program logic, and intentions of our current and future programs, who they help, and how they are used in K-12 school districts across the country. This role will apply deep product, customer, and market knowledge to develop and inform positioning, messaging and cross-functional initiatives across sales, marketing, customer success and support. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and dynamic product marketer to work with great people, support our aggressive business growth, and be part of our mission to have a meaningful impact on the lives of learning guardians, students, and administrators.
This role will focus specifically on our reading program.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Product Fluency: Developing an in-depth understanding of our solutions, the target market, persona needs and pains, and associated buyer journey.
- Release Readiness: Collaborating across product and curriculum subject-matter-experts and go-to-market stakeholders to deliver market-ready solutions designed to inform and drive company goals.
- Positioning & Messaging: Defining solution positioning and messaging, including identification of client and prospect needs, and competitive differentiators and partnering with marketing to develop compelling content.
- Enablement: Supporting our market facing teams through a variety of enablement initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Externally facing sales asset development such as pitch decks, collateral, proposals, and more.
- Internal sales tools to help drive awareness, qualification, consideration and differentiation of our offerings.
- Sales training to help drive internal awareness and fluency of our products, how they work, who uses them and why it matters.
- Being a reliable, thoughtful, effective voice for strategies and tactics to support the sales of reading solutions.
- Supporting a consistent and reliable process for knowledge management and dissemination for our reading offerings.
- Product Subject-Matter-Expert (SME): Serve as product expert for market-facing teams and product marketing subject matter expert for reading product release initiatives, supporting customer facing teams for strategic initiatives that require reading discipline specific subject matter expertise.
- Go-to-Market: Lead go-to-market (GTM) initiatives for our offerings, including new product releases, new offerings, customer programs, and sales enablement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, project management or a related field
- 8+ years of extensive experience in ed tech product marketing, management or go-to-market, or U.S. K-12 administration, or a blend of both.
- Proven track record of driving successful business outcomes through bringing products to market, enabling sales and customer facing teams, and activating marketing channels.
- Complex project management and cross-functional relationship building experience a must
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to fluidly move between high level, executive presentations and overviews and in-depth, rolling up the sleeves detailed support and analysis
- Hyper-collaborative partner that can lead through influence by building strong relationships and personal credibility across the organization
- Creative problem solver that identifies new and innovative ways to grow the business
- Experience in the Learning technology industry a plus, but not required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits:
Expected base salary range for this position is $109,780 – $158,560 USD annually based on several factors, including experience and geography. This position is also eligible for an annual incentive bonus or sales commission bonus, depending on the role, and benefits that are designed to support you & your family. If you are hired at DreamBox Learning, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on considerations such as geographic location, skills, responsibilities of the role, education, and/or relevant experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider the compensation of our current team members as a part of evaluating and extending any final offer.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Front Loaded (4 weeks)
- Accrued Sick Time
- DreamBox "Hero Days" Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 9 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
DreamBox Learning, the leading K-12 education technology provider, is radically transforming the way the world learns. As the only dual-discipline solution rated STRONG by Johns Hopkins’ EvidenceforESSA.org in both math and reading, DreamBox provides schools with high-quality adaptive learning solutions independently proven to accelerate student growth. Built by educators for educators, DreamBox empowers teachers and district administrators with robust data analytics and content-specific professional development solutions to complement instruction. DreamBox supports over 400,000 educators and approximately 6 million students in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and throughout the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Mexico. For more information, visit https://www.dreambox.com/
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.