Eventbrite is a people-first organization. Our goal of building the global platform for live experience relies on the foundation of top talent and strong company culture. Our team is the face of Eventbrite, and we’re charged with finding, attracting, and bringing on the best of the best to drive Eventbrite’s growing business and award-winning culture forward. Hiring the best talent globally is no easy feat. However, we have a talented team who has an inspiring story and mission. Our perfect candidate is someone who can connect that vision and story with top-notch talent.
Our team is part of the Commerce area, where we provide our customers with a modern and efficient user experience to purchase tickets. We are responsible for the entire Order Processing flow and make sure that our platform is scalable, reliable and efficient.
As Principal engineer, you’ll be in a preferred position to shape the technical direction of the area and keep ensuring Eventbrite’s platform evolves to satisfy our customers’ needs. You’ll be challenged to research, design and implement technical solutions and become a point of reference for the engineering teams.
You’ll work closely with the PM and the Engineering Manager and you’ll be responsible for the technical growth of the company, both internally mentoring engineers and externally interacting with many other teams.
THE TECH STACK
Our main stack is Python and Django, running on AWS. As we evolve as a company, more services are created and our tech stack will keep changing.
THE SKILL SET
- 10+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language, ideally Python
- 3+ years of experience with a web framework, ideally Django
- 3+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing maintainable code
- Great communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Strong software engineering background and experience with cross-team collaboration
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring engineers
- Advanced English both written and spoken
- Experience using non-relational databases like Elastic search and Redis
- Experience with Event-driven architecture patterns, ideally using Kafka
- Comfortable developing in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.