Here at Helix, we have a saying that "There is a part of you that you’ve never met before." We believe that every person deserves the opportunity to discover insights into their DNA, and that those insights are accessed securely, accurately, and affordably.
That's why we are building a platform that will serve millions of users at an unprecedented data scale, data that is the most personal kind of data you can have — DNA. We are building an app store that will be a one-of-a-kind genomics storefront, rich with partner products ranging from carrier screening to recreation to health and wellness. We are building a developer ecosystem that will unlock the creativity of the community to discover new insights that we can’t even dream of today.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity - we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility - we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility - flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
We're looking for passionate, talented individuals who can:
- Architect and implement the Helix Marketplace.
- Work with designers, platform engineers, product managers, and scientists to build a top-notch user experience for Helix customers.
- Innovate on new ways to interact and visualize with a diverse set of never-before-seen content.
- Build for scale across multiple dimensions, from users to partners to engineering best practices.
- Create a product and platform from scratch. There is no legacy code to maintain — start with a blank canvas to shape the technology, company, and industry.
At a minimum, you have:
- Track record shipping products built on modern libraries and frameworks (ES6, React, AngularJS, Ember.js)
- Command of HTML, CSS, and Responsive Web Design
- Instincts for aesthetics in both visual and interaction design
- Experience solving performance optimization problems for client-side applications
- Thought leadership and a successful track record mentoring other engineers
- Familiarity with full-stack development
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- BS+ in Computer Science required; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus
- Great problem-solving skills and experience with some or all of these areas: software platforms, consumer applications, genomics
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies